Baby tomatoes

Baby tomatoes

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Brrrrrrr more snow is on the way

Looks like we're in for another round of bizarre Iowa weather- snow is on the way. Of course, I don't really trust the weathermen- if they say "just a dusting" we end up with a blizzard. They say a foot of snow is coming and we get nothing. I guess I'll just plan ahead and make sure I have enough cooking supplies in the house to work on some recipes to share with all of you!

I have a freezer full of frozen cranberries waiting to be cooked and canned. I'm sure I have some odds and ends fruit- a small batch of jam could happen. Bread recipes to bake. All sorts of delicious dishes! And of course, a cold snowy day just begs for a slow roasted dinner, or an all-day braise of some sort. Might as well heat up that oven and get a little "free" heat for the house.

Cooking is a sort of therapy for me. Like some people like to express themselves on canvas I like to express myself with food. There is a lot of satisfaction in pushing myself with a new skill or a new ingredient and having a successful result. Even better if I can share with friends! 

And finally, in spite of the winter weather's impending doom, I did receive a few garden catalogs so even if the weather outside is not so friendly, I can flip through the pages and dream of springtime......

No comments:

Post a Comment